Sunday, April 19, 2009

False alarm, He's coming home!

I called Aidan's primary doctor a little earlier after talking to Russell and finding out that Aidan was put back on oxygen last night. The doctor on call is not familiar with Aidan's case and was unaware that we have all the necessary medical equipment and oxygen at home along with private duty nurses. Dr. P (our primary) called the on-call doc and explained the situation to him, so Aidan is on his way home now, as I type this.

I was about at the end of my rope today trying to deal with Evan and decorating a cake (which turned out really cute) and wanting to be with Aidan, too. Someone seriously needs to find a way to clone us parents so we can be in as many places as we need at one time.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that little man is on his way home. Hopefully we won't be going back anytime soon except to visit and drop off a thank-you to the PICU staff.

:) Erin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! I'm so glad to hear that Aidan is coming home.

WhitneyBooze said...

We are glad to hear that he is coming home. There's no place better than home.
I hope he continues to do well.
We missed seeing you at the Oxygen chambers. We left from there yesterday, and we are now back home in VA.
I loved seeing the picture of Aidan smiling at the hospital.
Peace,
Whitney

The Tuba Geek said...

Unfortunately, with everything that has been going on, HBOT has been put on hold. We hope to start again next week, but I won't know for sure until Erin tells me how the appt. with the hematologist went.