Friday, January 16, 2009

If it is always darkest just before the dawn ...

then we must have been in a black hole the last two weeks!

When my last job ended on 12/31, I really thought we were going to be in for the long haul in terms of keeping things together. That was the case until today.

10:30 AM -- I get a phone call on my cell. It's the guy who interviewed me last Friday ... offering me a job! If you were to ask if I thought about it, I'd paraphrase Data from Star Trek: First Contact: "0.68 seconds [...]. For an [unemployed worker], that is nearly an eternity." I start my new job on Monday and I am ecstatic about it! Thaks to everyone for the prayers and well-wishes of good luck. God is Good!

1:00 PM -- Aidan had his swallow study today. I missed the last swallow study, so it was quite fascinating to me to watch the fluoroscope while Aidan attempted to swallow foods of varying thicknesses. In the end, though, we got some wonderful news. Aidan is now able to take 1st and 2nd level baby foods by mouth, as well liquids that are thickened to at least the consistency of honey. To get the honey consistency, you take the same juice you by at the store and thicken it with a product called ThickenIt, which is available at most drug stores. They gave us a container of it on our way out. The lady performing the test was very impressed with Aidan's progress and hopes to see further improvement after 20 more Vital-Stem treatments.

6:00 PM -- We all went to PawPaw's house for dinner and to pick up some baby food Sonia brought over with her. For the first time in 11 months, Aidan actually ate some of his dinner. Sonia recorded it for posterity, though PawPaw and I were discussing politics and the media's corruption of the American Justice System in the background and it got in the way of the moment. Erin is going to get the video and then edit it before posting it to the site. We have been ordered to feed him 6 times a day this way and supplement this with the feeding we normally give him.

The pups are growing like crazy, but we are ready to give them to a good home. If you are interested, simply send an email to russdwright at gmail dot com and I'll give you all the details.

Once again, thank you so much for all the prayers. Today was proof that God has had His hands on things and that He fully intends to make things better in his time.

--Russell

4 comments:

SugarEd Productions said...

God is good! I am so happy to here of all your good news and will continue to pray for more.

Kathy Hooper said...

I'm so glad to hear your good news on all fronts. I hope the first day on the new job went well. You are all in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Hi-
I've tried twice to donate money via your ChipIn widget... it's not working. How else can I donate?

The Tuba Geek said...

There is a donate button that you can also use. We'll work on getting the ChipIn widget fixed. What error were you getting with it?