Friday, March 21, 2008

Evening Update

UGH! I hate the hospital computers! They time out if I take too long to type an update and then I lose everything I've spent so long typing (I was posting the previous blog, so I was on the laptop. --Russell).

Today has been a bad day. I'm mad at the world; I'm frustrated that I can't do anything to help Aidan. He's been here for 5 weeks now. A month ago today was his 2nd birthday. A day when we should have been celebrating his birth and having fun, we spent it praying that he would live.

It isn't fair.... It isn't fair that he lays in a hospital bed day in and day out, sweating and breathing like he's running a marathon. His little body has to be exhausted. I'm exhausted just watching him.

They are adjusting Aidan's meds again because his liver enzymes are elevated. They are backing off of the medication that affects the muscle tension because they think it is the one causing the problems. They are also increasing the clonidine which is supposed to help with the storms.

I have been looking into every non-invasive alternative therapy I can think of to help with these storms. I want to see Aidan get past this hurdle before we deal with any of the other ones that are ahead of us. I'm looking at Reike, healing touch, accupuncture, accupressure, reflexology, massage- anything that I can do to help him at this point. It surely can't hurt.

More than anything we need your continued prayers. Pray that these neuro-storms are calmed and that we can move to the next step of recovery. The prayers for his bladder to start working have been successful, he's been able to empty his bladder today without needing to be catheterized, so please pray that he continues to be able to do so.

Thank you everyone. We have been so blessed by so many people, I don't think I can ever say thanks enough.

No comments: